Horsemanship Camp 2013
Having a solid foundation of knowledge on how to work safely around horses on the ground is just as important as knowing how to ride them. This is why Freedom Woods is excited to bring back our full-immersion Horsemanship Camp program beginning in June, 2013.
Our program gives campers ages 8 and older a fun, safe, hands-on opportunity to learn and engage in all facets of horsemanship. Campers will receive top-notch hunter seat riding instruction and theory from staff. They will also experience daily barn management, horse health and nutrition, and learn about horse behavior and care. The goal for each week will be for our campers to become solid horsemen, utilizing proper barn, horse handling, and riding skills.
Camp highlights include:
- 8:30 A.M. drop off - 12:30 P.M. pick up *
- 5 campers to 1 staff ratio
- Ability-based grouping for riding time (evaluation and placement on first day)
- Fun, safe working environment while around the horses
- Games and hands-on activities in and around the barn
- Observation of veterinarians and farriers at work
- Behind the scenes experience of the daily workings of a stable
We have made some great improvements to the teaching standards for this year’s camp. To ensure safe and proper placement, all riders will be evaluated on the first day of camp. Students who are not currently in the lesson program at Freedom Woods are required to complete one private lesson prior to the beginning of horsemanship camp.
* Early Bird Program 7:00 - 8:30 A.M. Fee $95 per session
Campers arriving early will start their day with a snack and drink (parent provided), then join in on barn activities ranging from the morning feeding and watering of the horses, daily turn out, and preparation of equipment for the day’s ride.
Have more questions? Call us at: (847) 967-9800